How to use silicone baking molds to make carved wood furniture
Tools and Materials for the Chair
It was made similar to the Mirror.
– wood cutout 4″x4″ for the seat
– balusters for legs and back supports
– wooden skewers for the frame
– mini saw to cut the skewers
– magic sculpt epoxy putty for carved wood effect (see description below)
– silicone molds for carved wood effect (see description below)
– super glue
– long nose pliers
– ice pick to start the holes before drilling
– manual drill handle and drill bits
– ruler and compass divider for measurements
– velvet fabric (for upholstery)
– small thin micro spatula to clean up the mold, to tuck upholstery into the frames
– toothpicks for magic smooth epoxy
– forceps to hold things
– wooden beads for decoration
– Decoart acrylic paint Umber Brown
– Minwax wood finish
– jewelry findings for brass tacks
3. Press down well to pack.
4. Cut off and remove the excess clay.
5. Clean it up to make flat with the surface.
6. Let harden a little – so that it is not fall apart when pulled out, but no completely rock-hard.
7. Apply with glue and shape into a “carving”.
8. Paint with brown acrylic paint which works as a primer.
9. Paint with wood finish.
Hope you like it.