I am waiting on the fabric and lace for Anna’s dress, so meanwhile I will make a full-length wooden standing mirror in 1:6 scale.
While making Miss Marple, Monsieur Poirot and Anna, I kept thinking that it would be nice to find some wooden vintage or antique-looking furniture in 1:6 scale for the photos. I searched but did not find any furniture in 1:6 scale that I wanted to buy. It was either too expensive, or too plain and boring, or it was pink plastic barbie style. So, I decided to make it.
The only thing that I bought so far for the mirror project was this wall candle-holder. For the rest I will be using what I already have in the studio. I will figure out what I need and maybe then will buy some additional materials for the furniture construction.
So the candle-holder was dismantled and I got this mirror out.
Collecting things for the project:
– wooden skewers for the frame
– mini saw to cut the skewers
– wooden cutouts for shelves
– M2 screws and M2 nuts to hold the frame together
– brass connector and M2 screw for tilting drive mechanism
– long nose pliers
– ice pick to start the holes before drilling
– Manual drill handle and 2 mm drill bits
– ruler and compass divider for measurements
– Magic Smooth epoxy gel to glue it all together
– toothpicks for magic smooth epoxy
– forceps to hold things while they are curing
– wooden beads for decoration
– Decoart acrylic paint Umber Brown
– Minwax wood finish
– jewelry findings for brass tacks
The tilt can be adjusted by screwing in the ornate handle
So, here is a mirror for Monsieur Poirot to check his mustache.
Hope you like it.